Pregnant Katie Price compares her morning sickness to Kate Middleton’s! on.reveal.co.uk/YHRDrI
— Reveal Magazine (@RevealMag) March 10, 2013
Is Katie Price actually suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum like the Duchess of Cambridge – or is this another attempt to grab headlines? I’m not saying that Jordan hasn’t had bad – day long – morning sickness, but hyperemesis gravidarum is a very serious condition (affecting just 0.5%-2% of pregnancies).
I quote directly from Wikipedia here:
When hyperemesis gravidarum is severe and/or inadequately treated, it may result in:
- Loss of 5% or more of pre-pregnancy body weight
- Dehydration, causing ketosis, and constipation
- Nutritional disorders such as Vitamin B1 (thiamine) deficiency, Vitamin B6 deficiency or Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Metabolic imbalances such as metabolic ketoacidosis or thyrotoxicosis
- Physical and emotional stress of pregnancy on the body
I do hope this isn’t a publicity stunt. Anyone I have ever spoken to who has suffered with HG has described a total inability to go about their normal daily life.