These pancetta and cheese muffins are great for a weekend brunch or afternoon/after school treat. In fact, they’re good for any time 🙂 The kids absolutely love them as do the adults!
They are quick and easy to make and require just six ingredients.
Pancetta and cheese muffin ingredients
To make approximately nine muffins you will need:
- 2 x 77g packs of ready diced pancetta
- 170g of plain flour
- 130ml of milk
- 85g of cheddar cheese (grated)
- 45ml of sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
Muffin & cake tin
- Preheat the oven to 190c (Gas mark 5) and line a muffin tray with muffin cases. These work best but you can use cake cases too.
2. Dry fry the pancetta until nice and crispy and brown
3. Mix the oil and milk together. Don’t worry if it doesn’t fully blend
4. In a separate bowl mix the flour together with the baking powder and salt
5. Add the milk and oil mixture to the flour mixture and fold together. Make sure you don’t over mix though.
6. Add the grated cheddar cheese and pancetta (reserving some for sprinkling) into the flour, oil and milk mixture and fold again. It’ll look pretty rustic and that’s fine.
7. Put the mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle the remaining pancetta on top
8. Cook until golden brown. They should spring back when pressed if they’re done (about 20-25 minutes)
Leave them to cool for a few minutes before serving. The kids like to eat them alone as a snack or for breakfast/brunch. I also like them as a light lunch to accompany some soup.
You might also like:
More baking ideas – Bake alongs with friends on Zoom