These turkey burgers are really cheap and easy to make and are a healthier alternative to red meat. They are a real crowdpleaser to boot.
Recipe for turkey burgers
(To make 10 burgers)
- 1kg minced turkey
- 1/2 small onion finely diced (or frozen chopped onions)
- 25g dried breadcrumbs (or however much is needed to bind the mixture)
- 2 egg whites
- Chopped fresh parsley to taste
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper together
- Form into 10 burgers
- Cook in a large frying pan over a medium heat, turning once. Cook until well browned on the outside then cut to check that there is no pink visible in the middle
These freeze really well so double up on the mixture and bung into the freezer. Whilst you can make the patties and then separate with greaseproof paper, I find it easier to just freeze the mixture itself and make the patties once it’s defrosted.